Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Invisible

I am used to being invisible in people's eyes
They come into my life and then they leave me suddenly
Or time may pass and then they break their ties
They go through their lives and I am still where they left me.

Time and time again I listen to their stories
But none are interested in the stories I tell
One by one they share with me their memories
And then when they're done, they bid me farewell.

I have been told that I welcome people like a doormat
Sometimes I even feel like a diaper absorbing shit
When done with me, I am left just like that
Thrown into a seemingly bottomless pit.

Those moments I just do my best to feel numb
I clean myself up after, ready to welcome another one
I may say nothing and do nothing, I often feel dumb
Why do I keep offering my heart to everyone?

I am invisible, don't mind me you all
But when you call my name I will surely be there
Sometimes I also wish I had someone to call
But most are busy doing something elsewhere.

Then you came along while I was invisible
You noticed me in the dark and you called me to the light
I couldn't stand the brightness and I felt so vulnerable
But you wanted me there within your sight.

You believe in me like no one ever did
You listen to me and make me feel complete
You are there for me, knowing exactly what I need
When I was ready to give up, you told me not to quit.

My mind has painful thoughts and terrible imagination
But simply seeing you, all those immediately melt away
And I am filled with happiness and exhilaration
For this reason, I wish that I could see you everyday

Forever indebted yet I could give nothing
And because I did nothing, I unintentionally hurt you
You drifted a little, I hated myself as you kept hurting
If only I could turn back time, I would if I have to.

I was overcome with a painful memory of the past
Then you also had that experience so horrible
It happened the same time you remember last
I could not move so I chose to become invisible.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I felt like fainting
But I kept to myself, unaware of the consequences
My body was numb but I could hear what was happening
And it was too late when I finally came to my senses.

I am so used to being invisible until you came
Sorry if you felt I was invisible when you needed me
But I am always here for you, I will stay the same
Your loving friend who cares for you, for eternity.

No comments: